1. Students wishing to participate must first create an account by filling out the online form. Once the account is created, the student can log in and start using the system immediately. The account is good for all four years of the program.
2. The student will log in to the application and be able to view their dashboard, update their profile, enter pre-approvals, and submit hours for credit toward the Silver Cord of Service.
3. Student views the pre-approved service opportunity webpage to select a service opportunity. If the student is interested in a service opportunity that is not listed on the pre-approved or past pre-approved web page, then the student requests pre-approval before they participate in the service opportunity. This step is required for every service opportunity that is not already pre-approved.
4. The student participates in the service opportunity. At the end of their service, the student acquires the site supervisor’s name, email address, and phone number.
5. Student submits hours for credit using the online system within 30 days from the last date of service. Once the form is submitted, an automatic email is sent to the site supervisor. The status of the student’s service opportunity is marked pending in the system.
6. Site supervisor approves or denies the student’s request via the online form that is included in the email they receive. They have the option to leave comments.
7. Community School Coordinator reviews the submission for credit and approves or denies. If submission is denied, the student has the option to resubmit with corrected or updated information. It is each student’s responsibility to check their online account to view important account information, including messages from the Community School Coordinator.
8. The student automatically updates student’s hours.